Interstate moving checklist
Sometimes, you will need an interstate moving checklist in order to complete your move. Do not worry – it sounds much worse than it actually is! Making a checklist can actually be fun and it will not take much of your time, honestly! All you need to do is to make one and then stick to it. Our interstate movers NJ have created something similar to what you might want your checklist to look like. Feel free to edit any information on it and to substitute it with your own. Remember, it is your move and not ours! However, we still wish you all the best with it! Thus, we have made something we think will help you out immensely. So, without any further ado, let us dive straight in!
Why make an interstate moving checklist?
When you are doing interstate moving, why make a checklist at all? The answer to this question is rather simple, actually – you will need it a lot! Fortunately, we have prepared how it should look like. Thus, the following:
- Prepare to make a checklist. This is actually very important. You cannot simply make a checklist just like that. You need to prepare to make one. By this, we mean that you should think about your ideal move. What are you planning to do? What will you do about packing? Will you call a moving company or not? Who will help you out? Think about such things and once you are finished, start making a good checklist. Feel free to contact your movers if you want to learn more about it. They can help you with your move in a lot of ways as well.
- Start making an interstate moving checklist. This is sometimes easier said than done, honestly. You might ask yourself a few times “Did I forget something important?” or “What was I supposed to do now?”. Do not worry! Things like that are normal. Remember, no one expects you to pack your home in a day! You can relax, take a breather and then continue working on your checklist. One of the most important things to consider is time. Respect your time and you will do just fine, trust us!
Some things to keep in mind
Of course, when you are making an interstate moving checklist, there are some things you should keep in mind. For starters, is it worth to call a moving company? Well, not necessarily for a checklist, but overall, yes, definitely. A moving company will make your interstate move a lot easier. Moreover, they will help you out with both packing, unpacking, loading, unloading and logistics issues. Thus, if you are by any chance not sure about any of those parts – give them a call! Remember, it is their job to help you with your relocation, so use their help if you can!
When you are making a checklist, do not worry if you forget some things. This is why double-checking is for! You should double-check everything you have – this way, you will not have to worry about forgetting something important. Moreover, you will get a perfect chance to rethink your move, if that is necessary. Interstate moving is not easy, you should try to focus on it as much as possible. This is the sole reason you are making a checklist in the first place, right? Thus, make it count!
How to make a perfect interstate moving checklist
Your checklist should consist of several parts of the move and subcategories. Namely, preparation, packing, moving. Those are your bread and butter with every relocation because you will always end up doing all three parts. Thus, you should do something like this:
- Preparation. In this part, you will prepare for your move. You should make sure that everything is in order before you proceed with it. Why is this important? Because you cannot simply scrap your move and forget about the issues. Some things might be damaged beyond repair if you do this just like that. So, the best option is to actually make sure everything is in order before you call Aceline Moving NJ, for example. Yet another thing you should keep in mind is how well can you do the move – if you are uncertain, call a moving company to do the entire move for you.
- Moving. We will skip packing for now and dedicate more time to it later. Thus, you should do your moving part now. How do you wish to proceed with your move? Will you call a moving company or will you transport all your items alone? This takes a lot of time to consider, thus make sure to save enough of it. There are some benefits of hiring an expert moving company to help you out. So, you should consider this option if you are in a pickle. Moreover, you should consider this option if you think that you cannot do the move properly.
When packing is concerned, it deserves a special place on your checklist. This is by far the hardest part of your relocation. Thus, you should consider learning how to pack properly first. For example, you should follow this order of packing:
- Small items. Your small items are the most important ones, believe it or not. Chances are you have more small items than you have medium or large in your house or an apartment. Thus, pack them accordingly. Moreover, if you lose or misplace small items, you might just lose them for good. Some small items will also be crucial for your bigger items to function. Thus, always focus on making a checklist with all of them listed and then think about what you will bring along for your interstate move.
- Medium items. Your next items on the list are your medium items. The same rules and principles apply – finish your small items, then move on to your medium items. Your medium items are all those which you can easily move/pack but not consider small. Chairs, pillows and so on belong in this category. Always do small and medium before going on to large. Trust us, we know what we are talking about.
- Large items. This is the final part of your packing order list. Thus, pack and prepare the large items last. Why? Most large items like washing machines or bunk beds will need extra care to pack and prepare. Thus, you should always leave them for last. No point in other items getting in the way, right?
You definitely do not want to forget this part of packing when you are making an interstate moving checklist
There are some things you simply do not want to forget when you are making an interstate moving checklist. No one is expecting of you to make packing fun for kids, but you should still do the following:
- Get appropriate moving boxes. This is very important when you are moving. Not everything will simply fit into a cardboard box. Nor will a simple cardboard box hold everything you put inside. Thus, we would advise you to visit Amazon and to get professional moving boxes there. They will save your life, basically. Why is that so? Well, most of us do not have proper packing equipment just lying around our homes. Thus, we should make sure that everything is in order when our packing is concerned. So, appropriate moving boxes are a way to go!
- Packing supplies. Your packing supplies will also make a great difference to your move. Make sure to enlist them on your interstate moving checklist for several reasons. First of all, they will help protect your inventory items during transport. Second of all, they will make your moving boxes safe and easy to use. Imagine if all your moving boxes just got empty on their own when you are trying to move them? Your items will either get destroyed or damaged! You do not wish that to happen! Make sure everything is in order by having appropriate packing supplies.
Packing will be the hardest part of your move. Thus, you should dedicate the largest space on your interstate moving checklist to packing. Not only will it be difficult and boring, but it will take a lot of time. Once again, if you are ever in doubt that you can do the move as you are supposed to, call a moving company. Professional movers are experts in their field of work. Behind them, they have years and years of experience with all sorts of moves. Moreover, they have packed before and they have also transported items before. Thus, call them if you need them – they might end up making your move much easier than you thought possible.
Another thing you should keep in mind is your family and friends. When packing is concerned, you need to realize that it is going to be hard. Thus, it might be a good idea to ask your close ones for help. It is always good and refreshing to work together with people who are close to you and who you trust. Furthermore, you will not feel like you are working once you are doing that. So, for that reason and that reason alone, you should consider getting some of them to help. Who knows, they might prove invaluable to your packing process, right?
Interstate moving checklist – how to know when you are done?
This is a hard one. In theory, you should know when you are done once you finished preparing and writing everything down. However, when is that so? Some people might consider packing the only important thing to write down. Some people even make special packing checklists just for that occasion. However, you do not wish to do that, right? You should know when your move begins and when it ends. So, it begins once you start preparing for it and it ends when you are safe and sound in your new home with all your inventory items and belongings. Thus, you need to make sure that everything goes according to plan.
Another thing that should help you realize when you are done with your checklist is when you do not want to add anything more. A lot of people will keep on adding things to their checklists. That is completely normal for a few different reasons. First of all, there will always be something popping up. Secondly, you will always change your mind about something. Finally, you will always rethink your decisions. This is completely normal, but once you are done with it, you will know you are done. It is as simple as that, actually.
When are you satisfied with your checklist?
This is another hard question. However, you should be satisfied with your checklist once you have put in every detail in there and you are certain about it. Of course, you need to understand that your interstate move might not allow you to simply go back to your checklist and redo some things from it. Moreover, you might not be able to come back for the things you left behind. Thus, you should always be prepared to think about this before making it final.
If you are not sure, you can ask your moving company to help you out. Feel free to show them your checklist and to ask them about it. They will be able to tell you if you are being wrong or something. Moreover, they can also tell you if you forgot to add something. We are all human, we make mistakes.
Interstate moving checklist – conclusion
All in all, once you make your interstate moving checklist, you should stick with it. This is important for several reasons, all of which you know from the text above. In any case, always feel free to contact a moving company whenever you need any help with your move. In any case, we wish you all the best and good luck!